The plumbers work with decent protection planning but there are plenty of risks or accidents that occur on their working sites. An important aspect of preventing this type of accidents is to be familiar with the probablethreats. Due to this type of risk factors, they face on their job plumbing insurance is introduced. This insurance policy is to support the plumbers in their job if any mishaps occur.
Most common hazards plumbers face:
- Working at the heights- This is the most predominantreasonforworkplacemishaps. Working safely at heights needs nice weather conditions,certified harnesses, attachment points and also regular inspections.Even though there are many precautions were taken by the plumbers slipping accidents most commonly occurin the working areas.
- Confined areas- Most of the fatal injuries occurs to the plumbers who are operating in aconfined area. The closed places which do not have required oxygen levels as boilers, sewers, ducts, pipes, storage tanks, pits are challenging for working as plumbers find difficulty in breathing. This may lead to serious medical problems for the plumbers.
- Repetitive movements – The repetitive movement injuries are due to the continuous motion of the workers. They mostly do the same thing repetitively which may stain them and cause injuries. They may not find the problem initially but gradually develops the injuries. The most common injuries that occur due to repetitive motion are–
- soft tissues traumas to the neck, wrist and shoulders
- injuries to the back that affects muscles, disks and ligaments
- Muscle sprains and strains
The repetitive movements should be thus avoided by the plumbers for long periods
- Eye injuries – Some works by the plumber may affect the plumber’seyesight. There may be exposed to foreign particles in the workplace. But eye injuries can be completely avoided by using safety glasses.